Flood Safety Awareness Week
March 12 to March 18th is Flood Safety Awareness Week. Flooding is ranked the highest hazard in Westchester County, before severe weather and high temperatures.
We would like to remind you of FEMA’s 12 ways to prepare for a flood:
– Sign up for weather alerts.
– Make a plan.
– Save for a “rainy day”.
– Practice emergency drills.
– Test family communication plan.
– Safeguard documents.
– Plan with neighbors.
– Make your home safer.
– Know evacuation routes.
– Assemble or update supplies.
– Get involved in your community.
– Document and insure property.
For more tips on disaster preparedness for first responders and their families, follow WCDES on Facebook.